We are committed to improving our practices and reducing our impact on the environment. On initiating our Environmental Policy in 2009, we more than halved the volume of waste sent to land-fill each week. Over time we have made improvements such as - converting solvent printers to latex and UV curable alternatives. Reducing the number and volume of hazardous goods we use. Installed ventilation in production environments. Added 'better choice' eco products to our range and implemented company wide recycling initiatives.
IT'S IN THE INK. The majority of our printed products are produced using HP latex ink. These inks are non-hazardous, no HAPS, low VOC and create odourless prints. Printheads and ink cartridges are recycled through their take-back scheme. Other printing is produced using UV Curable ink which is also better for the environment due to its low VOC.
RESPONSIBLE HANDLING. We can't eliminate hazardous goods use completely. We manage the quantities that we carry and keep them to a minimum. We don't chuck everything in the skip either, it's all disposed of responsibly (see our recycling page).
SMALL STEPS. We are not going to greenwash you - we want you to know we are not perfect. What we can say, is that we are open minded and make changes where possible. This approach has seen us continuously evolve how we produce and purchase goods.
Adgraphix Ltd recognises the impact, both directly and indirectly its day to day operations have on the environment. We aim to improve our environmental impact by way of good management and good practices throughout our organisation. Adgraphix Ltd will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible throughout our operations. We will continue to improve the environmental impact of our activities and guarantee our legal compliance.
This will be achieved by:
- Complying fully with relevant and current legislation.
- Preventing pollution to land, air and water.
- Reduce water and energy use.
- Minimise waste and increase recycling.
- To identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Involve, customers, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives.
- Provide suitable training and information to employees.
- To improve in general the environmental efficiency of our company.
- Establish targets to measure our progress in environmental performance.